WhatsApp is still the favorite messaging application. That’s why many messages are confidential here. Unfortunately, some people sometimes don’t understand about the privacy limitations of chats in someone’s WhatsApp application. So that you can also listen to the contents of other people’s chats.
But don’t worry, WhatsApp has many features that support user needs, from convenience to privacy. One of them is the WhatsApp lock feature. This feature can make the content of WhatsApp messages more awake.
Because the new WhatsApp application can be opened when entering the password or PIN that has been created. Well, below are some ways you can do to lock WhatsApp on Android and iPhone
- Update WhatsApp to the latest version.
- Open the “Settings” menu on WhatsApp
- Select “Accounts”.
- Select the “Privacy” menu.
- Scroll down until you find the “Fingerprint Lock” option.
- Slide the toggle “Unlock with Fingerprint”.
- Click “Set Up”.
- Select the desired lock type, among pattern, PIN, or fingerprint.
- Choose a WhatsApp lock time option, whether 1 minute, 15 minutes, or 1 hour after WhatsApp is inactive.
Use Touch or Face ID (iPhone Users)
- Go to the “Privacy” menu.
- Scroll down until you find the “Screen Lock” option.
- Turn on the toggle for “Require Touch ID/Face ID”.
- Choose the lock time, whether 1 minute, 15 minutes, or 1 hour after WhatsApp is inactive.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Click the vertical three dots icon on the right.
- Select Settings or Settings.
- Select Account or Account.
- Select Privacy or Privacy.
- Select PIN
- Enter the desired PIN.
That’s our discussion today about how to lock the WhatsApp application on Android and iPhone. Hopefully the above discussion can be useful for you.