How to Turn Off Google Assistant – With the development of technology from time to time, a virtual assistant application has emerged to make it easier for smartphone users. Of these applications, Google Assistant is the best application as your virtual assistant or friend. However, for some people, the Google Assistant installed on their smartphone is very annoying. In such a situation, you need to know how to turn it off.
In this post, we will explain to you how to permanently disable Google Assistant. Also, we’ll walk you through temporarily disabling and turning off voice commands.
What is Google Assistant?
Google Assistant is an official virtual assistant utility developed and provided by Google. This application is powered by AI (Artificial Intelligence) or better known as artificial intelligence and therefore aims to work like humans.
Google Assistant is available for smartphones and smarthomes. This virtual assistant can take commands to perform tasks such as playing songs, telling you what you’re asking, and can also engage in two-way conversations.
Google Assistant General Features
Let’s take a quick look at some of the most common but very useful features of Google Assistant below:
- Can control your smartphone and smarthome devices.
- You can fully control the song player using Google Assistant.
- Can access information from your calendar and other personal sources.
- You can control the content that plays on Chromecast with it.
- Can launch the application on your smartphone and run the application.
- You can find spoken translations in real-time with it.
How To Turn Off Google Assistant On Android
Google Assistant is really useful and cool but can be a little annoying at times. That’s the reason why some users want to turn it off Google Assistant on Android. Before you learn the steps to turn it off, let’s discuss the important reasons for disabling it.
There are a number of situations where Google Assistant can be very distracting. For example, when responding to the sound of television and responding with unnecessary actions, or when you are talking to someone and you find your smartphone is talking about a topic unrelated to the conversation. Surely you will be annoyed with him.
Any situation where Google Assistant becomes too smart and activates without being needed is the reason why you need to know how to turn it off. So, here we will explain how to do that. Follow the easy steps guide mentioned below to disable Google Assistant on your Android phone.
Follow these steps to turn off or disable Google Assistant permanently so it won’t bother you anymore.
- Launch the Google app on your Android phone.
- Now tap on More which is at the bottom right of the screen.
- Next, tap on Settings or Settings.
- Here, find and tap Google Assistant or Google Assistant.
- Switch to the Assistant tab, scroll down to find Assistant devices or Assistant Devices, tap Phone or Phone, or any other device for which you need to turn it off.
- Finally, tap the toggle Google Assistant to the Off position.
Just that. Alternatively, you can also say “Ok Google, turn yourself off” and Google will bring up instructions to do so. Next, you just need to follow the instructions.