Since the Covid-19 pandemic, many of the activities we do have moved online, including lectures or meetings for work. To facilitate online meetings, there are currently many applications and software that provide a platform so that we can conduct meetings with many people online.
One that is commonly used is Google Meet. Because Google is similar to requiring camera access in Google Chrome, in this article we will discuss how to activate the camera in Chrome.
How To Turn Camera On Android Chrome
Quoted from the official Google Chrome website (https://support.google.com/) here is how to activate the camera in Google Chrome so that it can be used for meetings using Google Meet. The procedure and the steps are as follows.
- Open Google Chrome
- Go to the site where you want to use the microphone and camera
- If prompted, select allow or block. Allowed sites are sites that can start recording when you open them. If you open another tab or another application, the site cannot start recording. While blocked sites are some sites that will not work if you block them. For example, you will not be able to join video conferences.
How to Change the Site’s Camera and Microphone Permissions
In addition to activating the microphone feature and winning it, you can also change the camera and microphone permissions for certain sites, the steps are as follows.
- First open Google Chrome
- Click the top right, click more then select settings
- Then click on privacy and security, then select the settings there, then security and microphone
- Select the option that you want to make as your default setting. Review the site you are currently allowing, to remove any existing exceptions or permissions, click delete to the right of the site. Then if you want to allow a site that you have blocked, you just select the disallowed section, select the site name and change the camera or microphone permission to be allowed.
Thus is a discussion regarding how to activate the camera in Chrome for Google Meet. Make sure first whether your computer’s webcam has a mechanical cover or not. If so, make sure you’ve opened it so that your image can be displayed on the monitor screen.