There are many ways to share contacts from Android to iOS that you can do easily. iOS and Android are two different operating systems. Of course, this makes the process of sharing contacts different from how to share contacts between other Android phones and iPhones.
Although Android is still loved by many fans. iOS is a significant platform and might make you want to switch to iPhone for a number of reasons. After all, there are some things iOS does better than Android.
You may want to share all the data from Android to your new iPhone. Here’s how to share contacts from Android to iOS!
How to Share Contacts from Android to iPhone
In short, you can share contacts from Android to iPhone using the Move to iOS application. Download it on your Android phone, launch the app, and follow the instructions to set up your phone. During iPhone setup, select Move data from Android.
Here you will get a code that can be used to link the two devices. Choose what you want to migrate, enter the code, and let the app do its job.
How to Share Contacts from Android to iPhone Via Move to iOS
Did you know that Apple has an Android app on the Google Play Store? Moving to iOS is one of the few Apple apps in Google’s storefront. Move to iOS is meant to help Android users to move to iOS. Here you can easily migrate your contacts, messages, photos, videos, bookmarks, email accounts, and calendars directly to any iOS device while it’s working.
Here’s how to share contacts from Android to iOS via Move to iOS:
- Download and install the Move to iOS app on your Android device.
- Open the app and follow the instructions.
- During iOS setup, you have to select the option to Move data from Android.
- The iPhone will provide a code that you must enter in the Android Move to iOS app.
- iPhone will create a temporary Wi-Fi network. Connect from an Android device.
- Choose what you want to share.
- Select Next.
- Enter the security code and let the process run.
Once that’s done, the contacts on the Android phone will be shared, and the iPhone will download the free apps you have on your Android device, if available.
How to Share Contacts from Android to iPhone Via Google Sync
While Apple has traditionally disliked supporting Android devices, Google Sync is the complete opposite. Most of the search giant’s services and features work great on the iPhone, and retrieving contacts from their servers is a breeze.
Keep in mind this only works if you’ve synced your contacts to your Google account. Some devices don’t do this by default. Don’t worry; easy to activate Google Sync.
How to enable Google sync for contacts on Android:
- Open the Settings app.
- Sign in to Passwords & accounts.
- Tap Google account.
- Select Account sync.
- Make sure Contacts is enabled.
- Keep contacts synced.
After syncing your contacts, you can proceed to the following share steps:
- Turn on the iPhone and open the Settings app.
- Open Contacts.
- Select Account.
- Select a Gmail account (or add one).
- Make sure the Contacts checker is on.
- Contacts should now be on your phone!
Share Contacts from Android to iPhone Via VCF File
In addition to the two methods above, there is also a way to manually share contacts from Android to iOS devices. You can create VCF files. Share it to iPhone and then open it to retrieve all contact data. The process is easier than it looks, here’s how:
- Unlock your Android device and open the Contacts app.
- Press the three-dot menu button in the upper right corner.
- Tap Select all.
- Paste it on the Share button.
- Choose how to share files with iPhone.
- On iPhone, open it and send an email or extract the file from wherever you saved it.
- Tap the attached file and select the Share button.
- Select the Contacts app.
- Press Add All Contacts.
- Follow the steps and move on.
Share Contacts from Android to iPhone Via SIM Card
Another way to share contacts from Android to iOS is to use your SIM card. This is useful if you’re having trouble with your Google account, are offline, or don’t want Google engagement for any reason.
Here’s how to share contacts from your SIM card to iOS:
- On iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Go to Contacts.
- Select Import SIM Contacts.
- Select the account you want to sync with your contacts.
- Share contacts from Android to iPhone with third-party apps
Those are some ways to share contacts from Android to iPhone that you can do very easily. You just need to choose the alternative above that best suits your needs. Hope it’s useful!