New emojis bring any conversation to life because they capture our emotions perfectly. Nothing says I’m dying of laughter more than the good old Rolling on the Floor emoji. But emojis are being updated all the time, and you don’t want to miss out. Luckily, there are ways to add new emoji to your Android phone, create your own, or even use emoji from iOS.
How To Get The New Emojis On Android
1. Update Android Version
Are you not sure that your Android device has received its latest update? Here’s what you can do to upgrade it. In your phone’s menu, tap Settings , then go to About . On some devices, you must first pass System. Then, tap on the software version, which will tell you what Android update you are using. If you are not using Android Version 11 or later, continue to the next step.
Go to Settings once again. Tap About Phone and check if any updates are available. Then, tap on the update button and hit Install. Make sure you are connected to any Wi-Fi or mobile internet connection.
To check if the update was successful, open any messenger app. While typing, try looking for the Ninja or Black emoji on the Android version; both are new emojis that come with the update. Of course, not all phones receive the full Android update, so this may not be available to you. Fortunately, there is something else you can try.
2. Use Emoji Kitchen
Google’s native keyboard app, Gboard, features the Emoji Kitchen. It allows users to generate mashups of their stickers. Here’s how you can create a new emoji using this too:
- Open the messaging app of your choice, such as Facebook Messenger.
- Next, tap on one of your contacts to start a conversation.
- Tap the text bar to start typing.
- Next, tap on the emoji button (which has a smiley face). Choose your preferred emoji for
- Activate the Emoji Kitchen feature.
- From here, you can see possible emoji combinations on top of your keyboard. Swipe through stickers
- And select the ones you want to send.
Note that not all messaging apps will support the new Emoji Kitchen feature. Also, check out our guide which explains the meaning of different emoji faces.
3. Install New Keyboard
Another thing you can do to get new emojis is to install a third-party Android emoji keyboard Like Emoji Keyboard, some of these apps even come with a dictionary of icons, so you can easily check the meaning of an emoji.
Apart from that, the app also has a prediction feature and lets you send stickers and GIFs to social media sites like Snapchat and Instagram. Here’s how to install a third-party keyboard on your smartphone:
- First, enter the Google Play application. In the search bar above, type the keyboard app of your choice.
- Next, tap Install. If the keyboard app is not compatible with your phone, you can try other options.
- Wait for the download to complete.