Apple has just released the latest operating system for iPhone, iOS 16 beta version (iOS 16 beta) to the public or general users, after previously only being released to developers. For those of you who want to try out the iOS 16 beta, the first step to take is to download the configuration profile through the Apple Software Developer Program website. For more details, please check this link.
As is well known, the beta version of iOS is an operating system that is still in the development stage. So, even though you can try out the latest features, you must be prepared with the risks that are very likely to occur when installing the beta version of iOS on your iPhone. Likewise, when installing iOS 16 beta, risks such as applications failing to open or features not running smoothly, can be very possible.
For general users, this kind of risk will be quite disturbing. If you find it annoying enough, one way or solution that can be done is to restore or downgrade iOS 16 beta to the previous and latest non-beta iOS (iOS 15). So, how to go back to the old iOS from iOS 16 beta?
To downgrade iOS 16 beta to iOS 15, you can do this by accessing the iPhone restore feature in the iTunes application on the desktop. Restore iPhone in iTunes will basically restore the device to its original factory settings.
With the output of such an action, the restore feature will uninstall or uninstall iOS 16 beta, along with the data stored on the iPhone. Next, the iPhone will be reloaded with the latest non-beta iOS installation or iOS 15. For those of you who have installed iOS 16 beta and want to return it to iOS 15, here KompasTekno summarizes how to downgrade iOS 16 beta to iOS 15, as reported by Apple’s official website.
How to downgrade iOS 16 beta to iOS 15
- Make sure you have the iTunes app on your desktop. Generally, the iTunes application will be installed on a MacOS-based desktop. If you don’t have iTunes, please download it first via this link.
- Make sure your desktop is running iTunes with the latest version.
- Before downgrading iOS 16 beta to iOS 15, it’s a good idea to back up iPhone data first in iTunes.
- To back up data, please connect iPhone to iTunes on desktop.
- After the iPhone is detected in iTunes, please click the “Backup Now” option
- When the backup process is complete, disconnect your iPhone from the desktop to begin the restore process.
- To perform a restore, the first step is to turn off your iPhone and enter Recovery Mode.
- The way to enter Recovery Mode is when the iPhone is off, press and hold the Power or Side button. Hold until a screen appears as shown below.
- If the iPhone has entered Recovery Mode, please connect it to iTunes on the desktop.
- When the iPhone has been detected in iTunes, then click the “Restore iPhone” option.
- iPhones will begin downloading and installing the latest non-beta version of iOS files, and uninstalling iOS 16 beta.
- During the restore process, do not disconnect your iPhone from iTunes on the desktop.
- If the restore is successful, the iPhone will load the device’s initial settings page. Complete these settings to enter the “home” screen.
Now, the iOS 16 beta has been successfully removed and the iPhone is back using a non-beta version of iOS. That’s the information about how to return iOS 16 beta to iOS 15 by using iTunes, hopefully it will be useful.