How to delete chat on Instagram can be done easily. This can be done using a cellphone or laptop. Curious, how? Check out the following explanation.
Direct message or DM is one of the features on Instagram (Instagram) that allows users to send messages to each other. However, have you ever sent the wrong DM? In these conditions, you do not need to panic. The reason is, there is a way to easily delete chat on Instagram. Curious, how? Find the answer in the following explanation.
How to Delete One of the Chats on Instagram
When sending messages via social media, sometimes we make mistakes such as typos or sending the wrong message to other people. If you find a similar incident, then you can immediately delete one of the wrong chats.
- Here are the steps to delete a chat on Instagram.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Then open the Instagram DM by clicking the message icon in the top rInstagramht.
- Then open the DM containing the message to be deleted.
- Tap the text of the message to be deleted.
- Then click the “Cancel Sending Message” or “Cancel Sending” option.
- Finally, the message will be automatically deleted.
How to Delete an Entirely Instagram Chat In addition to deleting one message, you can also delete all Instagram DMs quickly and easily. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Instagram app that you have.
- After that open the DM menu which will be in the upper rInstagramht corner.
- Find the DM to delete.
- Press the DM for a few seconds until a pop up menu appears containing several menu options.
- Click the “Delete” option and all chats from that user will be automatically deleted from your Instagram account.
But please note, the method above will only delete messages in your account. Other users who send or receive the message can still access the contents of the chat.
How to Delete Chat on Instagram from Multiple Users
On Instagram, you can also delete entire messages from multiple users at once. This method makes it easier for you to clear DMs quickly and easily. As for how to delete chats on Instagram from multiple users at once, as follows:
- Open the Instagram app and log into the account you have.
- Then go to the DM menu at the top rInstagramht.
- Next, click the list icon at the top.
- Put a check mark on the chat room to be deleted.
- After that, select the “delete” option at the bottom.
- Click the “Delete” option again and the chat room that has been selected will be automatically deleted.
How to Delete Chat on Instagram that Enters the Message Request Column
Instagram always strives to maintain the privacy of its users. One of them is shown through the message request feature. This feature is useful for filtering messages from unknown users.
Usually, incoming messages from users who are not followers will enter the Message Request column. You have the freedom to leave the chat or delete it. As for how to delete chats on Instagram that enter the message request menu, as follows:
- Enter the Instagram application, then open DM.
- After that, go to Requests option and you can see messages from unknown users.
- Click the “Erase All” option at the bottom.
- Finally, messages in the Message Request field will automatically disappear.
How to Delete Chat on Instagram Web
In addition to deleting Instagram messages via the application, you can also delete Instagram chats on a PC or laptop. You can also delete messages individually or in their entirety. Here are the steps to easily delete chats on Instagram web: How to Delete Chats on Instagram Web One by One
How to Delete Chats on Instagram Web One By One
- Open a laptop browser and go to instagram.com.
- Login using your Instagram username and password.
- Click the message or DM menu at the top. Open a chat room and find the text you want to delete.
- Hover over the text of the message and then click the three dots that appear next to the message.
- Click the “Cancel Send” option.
- Then click “Cancel Send” again to confirm and the message will be automatically deleted.
How to Delete Chat on Instagram Web Completely
- Go to the instagram.com site and log in to your Instagram account.
- Open the DM menu then open the chat room to be deleted.
- Click the letter “i” icon at the top. Click the “Delete Chat” option. Then click “Delete” and the message will be automatically deleted.
That’s the explanation about how to delete chat on Instagram easily and quickly. You can practice the above method on your cellphone or laptop.