How to change Instagram’s dark mode is quite easy, both on Android or iOS devices. Instagram currently provides an alternative color scheme called Instagram dark mode.
This can replace the main interface of the Instagram application which is white with shades of gray and black. With this new interface, it can help save battery on smartphones, especially for those of you who often use the Instagram application.
The reason is, pixels on white will draw more battery power when compared to black pixels.
How to Change Instagram’s Dark Mode Easily
Dark Mode is a feature that can change the Instagram background from white to dark black. The dark mode feature on Instagram can make users’ eyes feel more comfortable and less conspicuous when viewing videos or photos.
Besides being more comfortable for the eyes, this feature can also save the use of smartphone battery power.
Changing Instagram’s Dark Mode on Android
To change the Instagram display to dark mode on Android devices, it is necessary to use the Android 10 version. If your device is under that version, then you must upgrade first.
How to enable dark mode on Instagram Android
- First, make sure your Android device is connected to the internet.
- Next, open the Instagram application that is already installed on your smartphone.
- On Instagram Home you can directly tap the “Profile” icon in the lower right corner.
- Next on the profile page, please tap the “Three Lines” menu.
- The next step you can tap “Settings”.
- Then select the “Theme” menu at the bottom.
- Put a check mark on the “Dark” theme, then immediately tap the “Home” icon
- Happy! You have successfully activated the Instagram Dark Mode display.
- To restore the previous theme, you can go to Settings > Display > Night Mode > Off.
Enabling Instagram’s Dark Mode on iOS
To be able to change the appearance of Instagram’s dark mode on iOS, then make sure your device is using version 13. This is because the dark mode feature can only be activated on iOS 13 devices. Here’s an easy way to change the appearance of Instagram’s dark mode on iOS devices, including:
- First, make sure your device is running iOS version 13.
- Then first activate the dark theme on the device via the Settings menu > Display > Dark Mode.
- Then download the latest version of Instagram via the App Store.
- Next, please open the Instagram application on the iOS device you are using.
- Then the Instagram application will automatically be in dark mode.
- Meanwhile, if you want to return to the original theme, please enter the Settings menu > Display > Light Mode.
It’s quite easy not about how to change Instagram’s dark mode on either Android or iOS devices. Thus, accessing Instagram will be more convenient and save battery.